This smoothie helps you get your fruits and veggies together in a single glass. The edamame provides the protein, while the other produce offers a broad spectrum of vitamins, minerals and phyto-chemicals. It’s perfect for vegans and because it’s not a dairy-based smoothie, for people with milk allergies, and other allergies as well.
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1½ cups baby spinach, packed
- ½ avocado, peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- Combine all the juice or cider, spinach, avocado, mango chunks, banana, and edamame in a food processor or blender and blend at high speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Divide between 2 tall glasses and serve immediately.
Don’t like mango? Try frozen pineapple chunks!