For anyone who loves olives, this easy recipe, adapted from Molly O’Neill, is especially for you. Serve on crostini with ricotta or mix with pasta.
- 2 cups oil-cured black olives, pitted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (about 1 small lemon)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Put all of the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until blended, but still chunky—do not over-process or it will become a paste. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to one week.