Made with turkey bacon, this delicious twist on a BLT sandwich makes for a great potato salad.
For the Dressing
- 2 ounces turkey bacon, Aaron’s Gourmet brand preferred
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
For the Salad
- 1½ pounds fingerling potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- 1¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
To Make the Dressing:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange the bacon in one layer and cook until crisp, turning as necessary, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. When cool enough to handle, cut in ½-inch pieces. Reserve the bacon fat.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat, the oil, vinegar, and lime zest in a medium bowl. Add the chopped bacon.
To Make the Salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Roast the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the spinach, tomatoes and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the warm potatoes. Add dressing to taste. Toss and serve.