This basic formula showcases Chinese flavors from a variety of regional cuisines. Allow 15 to 20 minutes of marinating time for vegetables, fish, or shellfish or 30 to 40 minutes for pork, beef, or chicken. All you will need is a blazing hot wok or grill, and you’ll have a great meal.
- ¾ cup gluten-free and/or low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, white and green parts, tightly packed
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3-inch piece of gingerroot, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Whisk the ingredients in a medium bowl. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.