We’ve given this grilled corn—a popular Mexican street snack—a twist with Chipotle Lime Butter in place of mayonnaise—with spicy results.
- 8 ears of fresh corn, in the husks
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle Lime Butter
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Pull the green husk of 1 ear of corn down to the bottom of the cob, but do not remove any of the husks completely. Clean off the corn silk. Repeat with the remaining ears and soak in water for 1 hour.
- With the husks still pulled down, dry the corn and spread the chipotle butter evenly over the kernels. Close the leaves over the corn.
- Heat a grill at high heat. When hot, place the corn onto it, with husks on, and grill for 20 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill and when it is cool enough to hold, open and remove the husks. Shake the cheese over the corn and serve immediately while the cheese is melting.