This light and refreshing salad is the perfect accompaniment for almost any summer meal. The corn kernels add a pop of sweetness and crunch to a traditional caprese salad.
- 2 ears fresh corn, steamed, husked, and kernels removed from the cob
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, cut in ¼ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced very thinly
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the corn, tomatoes, mozzarella, onion and basil in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.