These sweet and tart biscotti are perfect for a cozy evening with a mug of tea. Dunk away!
- 1⅔ cups (170 grams) walnuts
- ½ cup (115 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (115 grams) brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 2½ cups ( 225 grams) Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 7 tablespoons walnut oil or mild olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (163 grams) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (194 grams) white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Finely grind the walnuts in a food processor and transfer to a large bowl. Do not turn the oven off. Line two sheet trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the flour, sugars, baking powder, and baking soda to the walnuts and whisk to blend.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, mix the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Once the dough comes together, stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Separate the dough into two equal pieces and transfer each to their own baking sheet and form into a log about ¾-inch high by 4-inches wide. Bake until the dough is firm and has begun to crack, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool until they are slightly warm and can be handled. Slice on the diagonal, 1-inch thick. Arrange on baking sheet, cut-sides down. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Bake the cookies until they have dried out slightly and are firm to the touch, 5 to 10 minutes. Cool and enjoy.