This is a kid-friendly, basic brownie, which my youngest daughter Lila (the picky-picky eater) adores. She makes it often.
- 1½ cups (188 grams) Better Batter gluten-free flour
- 1½ cups (375 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (125 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch process preferred
- ½ cup (100 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup mild olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon (0.25 grams) instant coffee, espresso preferred
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and brown sugar together.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla, and instant coffee. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring only until blended each time.
- Pour into the pan and shake to even out. Bake in the top half of the oven until the center is firm to the touch, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool for 1 hour before cutting.