Sweet and spicy, this grilled adobo chicken is delicious with a quinoa salad or slathered with salsa and guacamole. They also taste great stuffed in corn tortillas or as a simple appetizer with a zesty dipping sauce.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chilies in adobo
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking over high heat. Tightly thread the chicken on several metal skewers. Lightly season with salt. Grill, turning once, for 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, slide the chicken off of the skewers and serve.
- If using bamboo skewers, be sure to pre-soak them in warm water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.