With only 6 ingredients these light and crispy cookies will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or coffee extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 4 large (120 grams) egg whites, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (63 grams) dairy-free mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix the coffee liqueur and espresso powder. Set aside to let the espresso powder dissolve.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. With the mixer running, add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the coffee liqueur and mini-chocolate chips.
- To shape the cookies, use a small spoon or ½ ounce cookie scoop, spacing the cookies about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake until dry and crisp, 1 ½ to 2 hours. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to cool in the oven for at least 1 hour. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container in the coolest part of the kitchen for up to 3 days.