These energy bites make for a dairy-free, protein-packed, energy-boosting, take-along breakfast. It’s also ideal for after-school or anytime snacking.
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cashews
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons almonds
- ¼ cup goji berries, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for rolling (optional)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon rosewater
- 2 tablespoons honey for rolling (optional)
- Combine the cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts and almonds in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are finely chopped.
- Add the goji berries, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, date syrup, zest, ¼ cup coconut, and the rosewater to the food processor and process until the mixture comes together and starts to stick. This will only take about 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Pour the remaining coconut flakes and honey into a separate dishes.
- With your hands, roll the nut mixture into golf-ball-sized balls using your hands. (You will have about 20 balls.) Then dip the balls into the honey and roll them in the coconut flakes.
- You can eat these as is or transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate to firm them up.