These light and nutty cookies are delightful with an afternoon cup of tea or crumbled on top of vanilla ice cream for dessert.
- 11 ounces (312 g) pistachio paste, Love n Bake brand preferred
- 3 extra-large egg whites, beaten
- 1¼ cups (141 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (60 grams) unsalted pistachio nuts, Sicilian strongly preferred
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, break up the pistachio paste. On medium speed, add one egg white at a time until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pistachio-egg mixture and beat until well incorporated.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, place cookie dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Top each cookie with a whole pistachio.
- Bake until slightly golden, 10 to 11 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.