This nutritious and flavorful salad is a terrific way to use any leftover grilled asparagus or roasted Brussels sprouts.
- ¾ cup red quinoa
- ¾ cup white quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups asparagus tips, roasted
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon ground marash pepper or ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa by placing in a fine mesh strainer and running under cold water, mixing well, for at least 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the quinoa and toast, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Do not let the quinoa burn. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the stock (it will bubble furiously). Return to heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until quinoa is tender and germs are released, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Add salt to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Salad may be made up to 3 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate until use.