Vibrant and delicious, this Three Pea Salad is as beautiful to look at as it is to eat.
- 1 tablespoon lemon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cups snow peas (125 grams), julienned & cut on a bias
- 2 cups snap peas (198 grams), julienned & cut on a bias
- ½ cup (71 grams) carrot, julienned, we use a purple variety for color
- 3 to 4 radishes, julienned*
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce (133 grams), sliced into thin ribbons
- ¾ cup pea shoots
- 1½ teaspoons fresh mint, cut in chiffonade
- To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly to emulsify. Add the mint.
- Combine the snow peas, snap peas, carrot, and radishes in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Before serving, add the lettuce, pea shoots, and mint and toss well.
*When slicing radishes in advance, be sure to store submerged in ice water to maintain their crisp texture and vibrant color.