This dish is a cross between green salsa and guacamole, which makes it a pleasing dip, dressing, and all-purpose sauce.
- 8 small tomatillos, husks removed and cleaned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe Haas avocados, diced
- Broil the tomatillos on a baking sheet lined with foil until very soft, turning once, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Roughly chop the tomatillos and put in a large bowl. Add the garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Before serving, add the diced avocado and slightly mash it with the tomatillos. Serve immediately.