A perfect summer dish, Panzanella is a Tuscan salad with bread and tomatoes. We’ve made this one our own with an amazing onion jam vinaigrette and some fresh arugula.
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf of ciabatta, sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Roasted Onion, Garlic, and Sundried Tomato Jam
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups (2 ounces) baby arugula
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Brush the bread slices and bell peppers with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Place the bread on the grill and cook for 2 minutes, turning once, to create grill marks. Transfer the bread to a plate.
- Grill the bell peppers turning occasionally to evenly char, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the Roasted Onion, Garlic, and Sundried Tomato Jam, 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the stems and seeds from the grilled peppers, then cut into 1-inch chunks. Place the peppers in a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes.
- Cut the grilled bread in 1-inch cubes and add it to the serving bowl. Drizzle ⅓ of the vinaigrette over the salad and gently mix to combine.
- Just before serving top with baby arugula and drizzle more dressing over the greens.