This is a quick and easy appetizer that will keep the masses staved off while you finish preparing the Thanksgiving feast. It’s also a perfect recipe for a Super Bowl party.
- ½ pound nondairy puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 kosher turkey sausages
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 385°F or according to puff pastry manufacturer’s directions. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and a shpritz of non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the flour on a flat work surface. Place the puff pastry on the flour and flip it over to make sure both sides have a light dusting. Brush off any excess flour. Roll out the dough to approximately 10”x 12” and ¼-inch thick, moving it a few times to prevent sticking to work surface. Cut the puff pastry into thirds, lengthwise. Brush the apple butter over puff pastry.
- Cut the turkey sausages in half lengthwise. Lay 1 half sausage flat-side down on the long end of one of the puff pastry rectangles. Pick up the edge of the puff pastry near the turkey sausage and roll just to cover (about half of the puff pastry will be used). Using a sharp knife, cut the remaining puff pastry away from the sausage roll. Place sausage roll on the prepared baking sheet. Roll another sausage half in the remaining cut piece of puff pastry and place on sheet. Repeat this process with the last 2 puff pastry rectangles. There will be 12 rolls.
- Whisk the egg and water in a small bowl, then and brush the tops of the rolls.
- Bake according to puff pastry manufacturer’s directions, approximately 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately.