Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Kookist.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Understanding How Information Is Collected on Kookist:
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Kookist
When you access the Site, we and our third-party partners and vendors may automatically collect certain information about your visit using tools such as cookies, and other data collecting and tracking technologies. The information collected automatically when you visit the Site may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, clickstream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site), and other details that generally are not considered personally identifiable.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser. These cookies are not sent from our site and we have no access to the information in these cookies. It is possible for users to reject cookies. This is a feature of the user’s browser. It is possible to use this site without cookies. The information in cookies on this site is in no way able to track the user’s actions or behavior or gain demographic information on the user.
We also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site to provide us with statistics and other information about visitors to the Site. Click here to learn more about Google Analytics and how you may opt out.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
“Do Not Track” Signals. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, Kookist.com is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about “do not track” signals.
Finally, companies that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Like” buttons) also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual*. It helps us to improve our Sites by enabling us to do things such as:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up user searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may collect information, including personally identifiable inforthe mation, directly from you if you choose to provide that information. For example, you may provide us with your name and contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, or other details of that nature, when you sign up for our newsletters or participate in promotions or surveys on the Site.
You also may choose to provide personally identifiable information about yourself when you participate in forums or discussions or other Interactive Services on the Site. Please be aware that information you post may be viewed or captured by anyone who visits the Site, therefore you should avoid posting sensitive or personal information that you would not want to be available to the public.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us. However, to the extent the information we collect by automatic means constitutes Personal Data under GDPR either before or after we collect it, our processing of that Personal Data will comply with GDPR.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We (and our partners) may use the information gathered on Kookist for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use the information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our content;
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters) or that we otherwise believe would interest you, including promotional offers from us, and our third-party partners;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Offer you products and services, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- Customize content, features, advertisements or other marketing messages we and third parties show you, both on the Site and elsewhere online;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include without limitation developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Guard against identity theft, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies; and
- For other purposes that are disclosed at the time you provide your information, with your consent.
We never sell your personal information or provide it to others for their own and exclusive marketing purposes.
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. In addition, certain service providers may collect or access information through the Site to enable or provide services, tools, or other features available on the Site. We also may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With third parties for marketing purposes, including social media platforms; we may also match your email address with third parties with whom you have also consented to share your email address and use such match to deliver custom offers or emails to you on the Site and elsewhere online;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event, we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation); and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
When we share Personal Data under GDPR with our partners, we will do so pursuant to GDPR appropriate Data Processing Addendum or Data Sharing Agreements as appropriate given the nature of the parties’ respective roles under GDPR (i.e. Data Controllers to Data Processors versus co-Data Controllers).
Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
Disabling local shared objects (“Flash cookies”). We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. Click here for details about deleting information contained in “local shared objects” or adjusting related preferences.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request to know personal data to which we have;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information here: hi@Kookist.com
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visit https://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete any such information.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content are directed to individuals who are at least 13 years old or older.