I’ll be honest – being a vegetarian in 2023 is a lot easier than before the 2000’s era. There are a number of products that make it easier to transition to vegetarian – especially if you came from meat: Beyond Meat Burgers, “Chick” Patties, Fake Meat Crumbles, Plant Protein Powder, to name a few. If you haven’t gone the full Vegan – this means eggs and cheese are on the table too. Here are Kookist top picks for meal ideas for the Vegetarian.
Eggs and nutritious and delicious - you don't need to worry too much about the cholesterol factor unless you are eating more than 7 eggs per week. Throw in some beans and salsa and it's a protein punch that will fill anyone up.
- 6 eggs
- 1 can black beans
- 1 Package fake meat crumbles
- Fresh salsa
- Spray pan with Pam and add in frozen meat crumbles. Cook crumbles and medium for 8 minutes; ensuring to stir while cooking.
- Add in eggs and black beans
- Cook on medium for 5 minutes - stirring while cooking.
- Add in salsa
- Put in a tortilla (optional)
Beyond Burgers with Asparagus
Not going to lie here - Beyond Burgers are pretty darn good. What's super nice about this recipe is there is literally no cleanup if you do these on the grille. We even went low carb on this one and substituted low carb tortillas for the buns.
- 4 Beyond Burgers
- Cheese (optional)
- 4 low carb tortillas
- Preheat grill to medium heat; take out Beyond Burgers from freezer. Drizzle asparagus with a little oil.
- Throw Asparagus on grille; let cook for about 10 minutes on one side.
- Flip Asparagus and throw Burgers on grille
- After about 6 minutes, flip Burgers
- Wait another 6 minutes and both Burgers and Asparagus should be ready. Note: check burgers for internal temp of 165 Fahrenheit
- Cut Burgers into small pieces and put on tortilla with some cheese (optional) and condiments