I’ll be honest – being a vegetarian in 2023 is a lot easier than before the 2000’s era. There are a number of products that make it easier to transition to vegetarian – especially if you came from meat: Beyond Meat Burgers, “Chick” Patties, Fake Meat Crumbles, Plant Protein Powder, to name a few. If you haven’t gone the full Vegan – this means eggs and cheese are on the table too. Here are Kookist top picks for meal ideas for the Vegetarian.
- 6 eggs
- 1 can black beans
- 1 Package fake meat crumbles
- Fresh salsa
- Spray pan with Pam and add in frozen meat crumbles. Cook crumbles and medium for 8 minutes; ensuring to stir while cooking.
- Add in eggs and black beans
- Cook on medium for 5 minutes - stirring while cooking.
- Add in salsa
- Put in a tortilla (optional)
- 4 Beyond Burgers
- Cheese (optional)
- 4 low carb tortillas
- Preheat grill to medium heat; take out Beyond Burgers from freezer. Drizzle asparagus with a little oil.
- Throw Asparagus on grille; let cook for about 10 minutes on one side.
- Flip Asparagus and throw Burgers on grille
- After about 6 minutes, flip Burgers
- Wait another 6 minutes and both Burgers and Asparagus should be ready. Note: check burgers for internal temp of 165 Fahrenheit
- Cut Burgers into small pieces and put on tortilla with some cheese (optional) and condiments