Father’s Day is fast approaching, and if you’re planning on showing your dad how much you care by making him something delicious, you might find yourself scrambling to put together an appetizing meal on short notice with very little help from your kids. But it doesn’t have to be that way! With these fun and easy Fathers Day recipes for kids, your kids can help out in the kitchen and end up with delicious creations they get to eat too!
Breakfast in Bed
For a special start to Father’s Day, kids can give Dad breakfast in bed. There’s nothing easier than simple scrambled eggs – kids love the mixing of ingredients and Fathers will love the thought. Just make sure Mom supervises the cooking!
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 onion chopped finely; 1/2 green pepper chopped, a few tomato slices
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 slices wheat toast
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl; adding salt and pepper. Whisk with fork for 30 seconds.
- Add in chopped onions, green peppers and tomatoes.
- Heat pan over medium-heat for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes add oil.
- Pour eggs into pan; stir frequently with spatula. Cook eggs until done.
- Transfer eggs to plates with toast.
Some folks may prefer some shredded or parmesan cheese on their eggs; sprinkle on after on plates if desired.
Pasta with Pesto
It’s dads special day – prepare a quick dinner with the kids that he will love. This recipe is super simple since we eliminate meat; literally 4 ingredients and still tastes great! Just make sure Mom supervises the cooking!
- 1/2 package (8 ounce) of Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped onion; 1 clove chopped garlic (finely)
- 4 tbsp. Pesto sauce (can buy in regular grocery store)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta (8 - 10 minutes); Drain.
- While pasta is boiling; have another frying pan and cook olive oil, onion, pesto and garlic for about 5 minutes (stirring frequently) over medium low heat.
- Mix pasta with pesto mixture. Sprinkle in parmesan cheese and salt/pepper to taste.
4 tbsp. may be too much pesto for you; but we really like the taste so went on the higher side.