Yields 1 serving
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may earn a commission when you buy through our links, at no cost to you. Read more: Affiliate Disclaimer.
- ¼ c vegan kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ c vegan kombu dashi or water
- ½ tsp shiro miso
- 1 ½ c fresh spinach, washed, drained, and lightly packed
- 6 oz shirataki noodles, drained and rinsed
Optional: soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free version), sriracha
- Heat a small over medium-low flame.
- Add the chopped kimchi and cook it for a few minutes, just until it softens. The juice with caramelize and stick a bit, so be careful to not burn it.
Pour in the dashi or water and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pot. Allow the liquid to just come to a simmer, then add the shirataki noodles. Cook the noodles for one minute.
- Scoop up a bit of the hot liquid to make a loose, smooth paste with the miso (a small ladle and chopsticks work well) before stirring it into the pot.
- Add the spinach, submerging it in the liquid until it wilts.
- Taste for seasoning; add a drizzle of soy sauce, if necessary.
- Remove the pot from heat, pour the soup into a large soup bowl, and mix in a squirt of sriracha, if desired.
You may also like: Japanese Tofu Curry and Savory Lentils
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!