This was done in less than 20 minutes.
How to Make Vegan Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 can coconut milk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup So Delicious coconut milk creamer
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (use real vanilla)
- 1/3 cup fresh brewed strong coffee (I used Stumptown)
- 1/2 cup -3/4 cup whiskey, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in VitaMix and blend till smooth*. Adjust sweetness and whiskey-ness to taste. This recipe makes about 24 ounces. Keep refrigerated.
- I’m not sure how long this lasts. It goes fast. Let me know if your batch stays around long enough to gauge shelf-life.
* Alternatively, combine ingredients into a medium size bowl and whisk until smooth. This won’t take long, and will probably be just as easy, or easier, than using a high speed fancy-pants blender. I just live by the motto, “When you CAN put something into a 2 peak horsepower blender, you MUST put something into a 2 peak horsepower blender.”
– You may want to add chocolate for a richer taste. I melted 5 dark chocolate discs from Trader Joe’s with 1 Tablespoon agave nectar and added it to the mix, but I ultimately preferred the un-chocolate version.
– Serve over ice (recommended), with coffee (delicious) or just drink straight from the jar (perhaps necessary).
– The whiskey separates from the rest of the ingredients after about an hour, floating on the bottom. This is normal. Just give it a big shake before using or before foisting upon some poor unsuspecting individual.
Creamy Whiskey-y Deliciousness
Enjoy. If you want to be gangsta-fabulous like me, you can cart 1/3 of your concoction round town on your bike and use it when you order kahlua on the rocks at a bar with friends. However, if you are unsure as to the awesomeness of adding your Cream liquor to bar-made cocktails, that’s okay.