Makes approximately 15 silver dollar-sized pancakes
- 1 c flour (I used half whole wheat, half all purpose)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 2 T oat bran
- 2 T vegetable oil, or other mildly-flavored oil
- 3 T unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 c spiced apple cider
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift the dry ingredients (except for the oat bran) into a large bowl.
- Mix in the oat bran. Combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- The batter will thicken a bit as it sits; if it seems too thick, add a bit of extra cider.
- Lightly spray a skillet with oil and heat it over a medium-low flame.
- Drop batter into the hot skillet in 1/4 c amounts, allowing space for spreading.
- Flip after bubbles form on top and the underside is golden brown (this can happen a bit quickly due to the sugar), and continue cooking the pancakes until the other side is also golden brown.